What is Extended Validation SSL?
EV SSL is known as an Extended Validation SSL Certificate (known as EV SSL) is the highest form of SSL Certificate in the market.
While all levels of SSL – Extended Validation (EV), Organization Validated (OV), and Domain Validated (DV) – provide encryption and data integrity, they vary in terms of how much identity verification is involved and how the certificates display in browsers
Verification Process of EV Cert
During the verification of an EV SSL Certificate, the owner of the website passes a thorough and globally standardized identity verification process to prove its rights to use a domain or ownership of the website
Steps included in the process
- Organization Authentication.
- Operational Existence.
- Physical Address.
- Telephone Verification.
- Domain Authentication.
- Final Verification Call.
The verification process for DV and OV certificates is not as extensive.
DV certificates validation requires proof of administrative control over the domain.
OV certificates include some identity information about the site operator
Why choose Enterprise EV SSL?
- Highest Validation and Trust Available
- Displays Company Name in Green Browser Address Bar
- Results in higher sales conversion
- $2,000,000 USD Relying Party Warranty
- 99% Browser Compatibility
- Unlimited Server Licenses, Rekeys/re-issuances, and Key Pairs
- Includes the www Subdomain (ie www.domain.com)
- Activates SSL Secure Site Seal
- 2048+ Bit SHA2 SSL/TLS Public Key Encryption
- Improves Search Engine Ranking
- 30 Day Unconditional Refund
- Full Compatibility With All Versions of SSL and TLS
- Courtesy Carryover Coverage Adds Up To 90 Days
- Will secure one fully-qualified domain name (FQDN), eg: domain.com or mail.domain.com
- Will also secure the WWW variant of the FQDN, eg: www.domain.com or www.mail.domain.com
- Unlimited servers concurrently using the same or different private keys can use
Who Should Use EV SSL Certificates?
- Websites that require stronger identity assurance and added trust.
- High profile websites often targeted for phishing attacks, such as major brands, banks or financial institutions.
- Any website collecting data, processing logins or online payments can also benefit from displaying their verified brand identity.